Organization: General Manager Yard Services
The GM (YARD SERVICES) is responsible for the organization, administration and supervision of the Yard Services Department and he is responsible for followings:
- Maintenance and operation of Dockyard cranes (except those of BNFD SUNDARBAN, BNFC BALABAN) and other utility vehicles of Dockyard.
- Maintenance and operation of all portable air compressors, electric generators, air conditioning plants, etc.
- Power generation and distribution within the Dockyard (when facility grows).
- Shore supply facilities to ships, viz power compressed air, water brows, catamarans, etc.
- Maintenance of all yard machinery.
- Yard development plans (civil works) in consultation with AGE (N) Project. BN DOCKYARD.
- Installation of machinery within the Dockyard area.
- Liaison between AGE (N) Dockyard and other Dockyard. Authorities.
- Maintenance of all pontoons, buoys, catamarans, browse. On his charge and maintenance of bailey bridge including hard standing through AGE(N) Dockyard.
- Survey, demand and accounting of spares, materials, POL to keep all Yard machinery operational.